Eastern PA River Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eastern PA River Runners

Believing In The Freedom To Ride!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time for some serious hustling!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dana
Admin

Time for some serious hustling! Empty
PostSubject: Time for some serious hustling!   Time for some serious hustling! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 6:54 pm

Hey everyone!
I hope you are all doing well!!
Hard to believe we are only 2 months away from the ride.

I have a couple of things to ask you...

Sunday May 25th - Watson and I would like to make this a HUGE selling day for the wristbands. Since it is Memorial Weekend, we think that would be a great time to get some people to buy them. We really need everyone to help on this day. We are thinking of having everyone call 1 or 2 places such as Walmart, or Giant near their house (or anywhere that you may feel will draw attention) and take a few hours out of the day and hustle hustle hustle to sell these bands. I know Watson gave out bands to everyone, including myself and I have already sold 100. These bands are going to be the BEST way to raise money for the ride otherwise you may have to dig deep for fuel money.

Beef and Beer- I posted some info on gift baskets. I have only heard back from Dora so if anyone else can help with this that would be great.
Also, we will need to know how many beef and beer tickets you are selling so we can know how that is going.

I cant stress enough how important it is for everyone to come together the next two months. I know we are all busy and have many differenet things going on but sometimes one person thinks the other person will handle it, so on and so on...but in reality it comes down on Watson alot and I see how much work he puts into it and its not fair for one person to carry this load so lets all please chip in and help him out flower and this is just once a year and for a great cause!!! Come on River Runners lets kick some butt!!!

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find a store that you would like to sell the bands and let me know where you will be! We can do it in pairs, set up a little table with a banner..etc..you get the idea. (Did I mention that we have about 2000 wristbands to sell!! And can make close to 5,000 profit??)So when you know where you will be please let Watson know so we can ship these to you!) Smile And please let us know how you are doing with the ones you have right now Smile

Thanks for your help and please dont just read this post and look the other way!! lol!

Ps- If you want we can make this into a little River Runner COMPETITION and create teams, and the team that sells the most wristbands wins a prize Smile

Dana
Back to top Go down
https://eprr.darkbb.com
Torque
Admin
Torque

PostSubject: River Runner Hustle   Time for some serious hustling! Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 11:20 am

Hey Dana,

I thought about the competition idea and I think that is a fantastic plan. Lets take it one step further. If we sell all 2000 wristbands the team or person that sells the most will receive $100.00 and if that person or team are Marines they will get a gift basket as well compliments of Sgt Grits Marine Specialities Inc. cheers We already have a team of Marines at Quantico on board., so lets see what we can do. The Memorial Day weekend could be an excellent weekend for us to get out and hopefully with everyone's help move these wristbands and Beef & Beer tickets in a couple of days. Let us know either here or e-mail if you would like to help out so I can get the wristbands to you soon if you don't have any or need more.

Thanks,

Watts
Back to top Go down
http://www.easternpariverrunners.com

PostSubject: Re: Time for some serious hustling!   Time for some serious hustling! Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:40 am

Hey Everyone!
Hmmmm....for some reason it does not surprise me that the selling competition has been taken up a few notches... Razz

An idea that I have implemented that I'd like to share: I made decorative collection jars out of empty snack containers (those clear plastic bulk- sized ones). I glued enlarged color copied charity logos on the outside of the jars and on the lids. I have one at the register in the beer store of one of my beer suppliers- he is using it to collect change from his patrons and for collecting wristband $$.

ALSO- Dana- I used to sell Pampered Chef and I have a few items new in box that can be raffled off AND I have new in box Princess House Crystal floating tealight set- beautiful- to raffle as well. Still digging in my closets (didnt know i was such a packrat) so i am certain there will be more! AND my Pampered Chef contact will be donating products for us to raffle as well.
Other stuff I am working on is still in progress. TIME is my biggest enemy!!!!

Keep up the hard work everyone! I am certain with all of us chipping away at Melissa's and Dana's lists to get food and product donations for the raffle that this will be a really really GREAT event!!!
vivian
Back to top Go down
Dana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Time for some serious hustling!   Time for some serious hustling! Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:45 pm

Hey Viv,

Great idea about the containers, i am going to try to think of places around here that will let me place them in their store.
also,those items sound great from the pampered chef! thank you!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://eprr.darkbb.com
waterdoc

PostSubject: Re: Time for some serious hustling!   Time for some serious hustling! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi,

The competition is a great idea. Wish I could be outside selling instead of working on Sunday, but everyone's ideas and successes are encouraging. The containers are a great idea too.

You are all so inspiring.

Keep it up! cheers

Justine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for some serious hustling!   Time for some serious hustling! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time for some serious hustling!
Page 1 of 1